Ecommerce Trends To Watch 2015
Below is my list of key trends to watch. These will have the most impact on our retailers and in turn our retail master plans and what retailers are best suited to our projects in 2015 and beyond.
- Wearable Technology such as google Glass. With functions like Strava Run and Cycle, Navigation, SwingByte, GoldSight, Send a Message, LynxFit and Music. Its fun, its effective and it allows more instant in-store interaction and real-time in-store promotions.
- When it comes to consumer goods there is NO consumer loyalty. Price, Quality and Speed of Delivery is all that counts.
- Retailers that develop the best user friendly apps that work across all devices, computer, tablet, phone, in-store with user friendly secure payment options will be the winners.
- Free shipping will be a mandatory.
- Click and collect will experience major growth – Transport Interchanges will be targeted.
- Omni-Channel Retailing – With brick2click and device2web – the benefits of this seamless approach require retailers to re-evaulate their supply chains but those retailers who don’t come on board will not be here in 3 years time. And the biggest sleeping giant of them all is eAve2web – think eBay, Amazon, Google all connecting through internet avenues, seved through a central database, where customers ID, Profile is all stored.